On July 6, 2023, the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Higher Education, Archives, and Libraries Department published a notification on the appointment of SS Stenographers KP to the position of Superintendent (BPS-17) and Promotion Assistant (BPS-16). The information is as follows:
The Assistant and Senior Scale Stenographer BPS-16 of Directorate Higher Education KPK has been promoted to Superintendent BPS-17, and the Departmental Promotion Committee KPK has approved this move. The promotion of the Assistant and Senior Scale Stenographer BPS-16 of KPK to the Post Office Superintendent of BPS-17 was approved by the Chief Secretary KPK at the meeting of the relevant authorities on May 9, 2023.
Promotion of Assistant and Senior Scale Stenographer
The 18 men and 1 woman who are now holding positions as assistant and senior scale stenographers for the Directorate of Higher Education KPK are glad to be promoted by the departmental promotion committee KPK. They are all immediately promoted to the position of superintendent.
Total Employees Eligible for the Promotion
|Name of Post
|Basic Pay Scale
|Senior Scale Stenographer
- In the Directorate Higher Education KPK, there are over 17 male candidates vying for the position of assistant.
- There is only one male applicant for the position of Senior Scale Stenographer.
- For the position of Assistant, there is only one female applicant.
The promotion from Basic Pay Scale 16 to Basic Pay Scale 17 is available to all of these officials. Since they are all eligible for promotion within the department. They are all eligible for the promotion and have all accrued the necessary service years.
General Terms and Conditions for the Promotional Criteria
- In accordance with Rule 6(2) of the KPK Civil Servants Act 1973, the Departmental Promotion Committee determined that the officials would stay on probation for a year.
- In conjunction with Rule 15(1) of the 1989 KPK Government Servants Appointment, Promotion, and Transfer Rules, the aforementioned rule is read.
- In accordance with rule 15(2) of the aforementioned rule, the probationary term may be extended for a second year with special orders from the appointing authority within two months of the conclusion of the first year.